AIFMD Annex IV Reporting
Firms marketing their funds into, or managing funds from, the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to complete transparency reporting, often referred to as Annex IV reporting.
This is required regardless of where in the world firms or their funds are based.
Affected fund managers are required to submit detailed transparency reports to the regulators of EEA countries. The reports call for granular detail about their funds including each fund’s investments, investors, risk management, and borrowing.
Reporting frequency and content for Annex IV reporting is determined by a number of criteria. There are disparate data sources and reporting frequencies, and - for non-EEA AIFMs - multiple reporting lines to navigate. From the complex and frequent to the simple and infrequent, there is no one-size-fits-all solution appropriate for all circumstances. Failure to report, and inaccurate or late filing, can result in fines and even removal of fund licenses.
How we can help
Our team of consultants tailor solutions to meet client requirements, and adapt them as needs change. These include:
- For EEA AIFMs and non-EEA fund managers:
- Advice and analysis on reporting requirements.
- Interpretation of the underlying regulations.
- Bespoke and user-friendly versions of the reporting templates accompanied with explanations to ensure you know what is being submitted.
- Review and challenge of in-house or administrator-prepared reports.
- Advice on discrete questions relating to taxonomies or interpretation of regulation.
Why Wheelhouse Advisors
We can support your business in the way that suits your requirements best. From ad-hoc hourly support through to our fully outsourced service we will work with you to scope a relationship based on your needs, not our products.
Our extensive experience in the preparation of Annex IV reporting means that we stay on top of the latest updates from the regulators, can report into multiple jurisdictions and will complete filings on your behalf in a timely and accurate manner.